Haifa Wahbi to take legal action against Al Azhar
Haifa Wahbi may take a legal action against Al Azhar Scholars Board ASB, who called her a whore.
- An unprecedented strongly worded statement issued by ASB, which was circulated shortly, attacked Khaled Youssef’s new movie Dokkan Shehata (Shehata’s shop), Producer Kamel Abou Ali convened swiftly with Youssef to discuss the move carefully.
- ASB is a hardliner dissident front within the Islamic institution, seen as an opposition to its prostate official leaders.
- The newlywed Lebanese singer, Wahbi, who was singled out in the statement as a debauchee whore, called the filmmaker and producer from her home country, furious and exceptionally alarmed, asking them to act urgently and strictly, saying the offence is not also aimed at her husband, the steel magnate, Ahmed Abou Hashima.
- A tension between the filmmaker and censors has hardly been settled as the new inflammatory statement came.
- Ennaharonline/ MSN Arabia