Rebrab: sugar and cooking oil even more expensive
Algiers- the boss of CEVITAL, Isaâd Rebrab said that sugar prices will increase further on the international market, which will affect the domestic market. As for cooking oil, it will experience another increase this year due to soaring prices of crude oil, raw materials used for production of edible oil which recorded an increase of 70% over the last three months.
- In a statement yesterday to Ennahar, Rebrab said that sugar prices will experience a significant increase in the coming days. "I fear an increase in sugar prices," he said, which will affect price and the group CEVITAL.
- Rebrab also indicated that he intends to make a proposal to the government to take some measures he considers necessary to fix the prices of the domestic market.
- In the same context, the head of CEVITAL said that the group is not responsible for rising prices as many people think. He said the international market is the sole regulator of prices.
- Regarding cooking oil, the price of crude oil, raw materials used to produce edible oil, recorded a 70% increase over the last three months, threatening the production of this material in Algeria.
- Moreover, Isaâd Rebrab said he was a participant at a very small degree, in Orascom Telecom Algeria (Djezzy) and had proposed the purchase of shares of that company, but that he had refrained, respecting the decision of the Algerian government that wants to buy Djezzy, and this, in the interest of the country.
- The boss CEVITAL will organize next Saturday a press conference to explain the real reasons for the increase in oil and sugar prices on the international and national market and the solutions that he intends to propose in this sens.
- Ennahar / Mohamed Bousri