Ten years to farmers to repay their debts
Algiers- The Bank of Agriculture and Rural Development (BADR), has set a deadline fixed to ten years to farmers, excluded from the president decision, to enable them to repay their debts.
- The Secretary General of the National Farmers Union, Mohamed Alioui in a statement to Ennahar, listed a series of measures taken at the meeting last Thursday with the CEOs and executives of the BADR Bank, among them, the fixed period of ten years to farmers, who could not benefit from the decision of the President taken February 28, 2009 in Biskra, on the cancellation of debts of farmers to pay their debts.
- During the first three years of the repayment of debts, farmers and ranchers will be exempt from payment of interest.
- These new measures taken at the last meeting concern breeders and owners of oil mills who had been excluded from the decision of cancellation of debts by the President of the Republic, whose rate debt rose from 60 to 70%.
- On farmers excluded from the decision who could not pay their debts and have been sued, they would benefit from these new measures. According to the Secretary General of the national union of farmers, all farmers concerned will benefit from these new measures.
- Note that the indebted farmers who have not benefited from the President's decision regarding the cancellation of their debts, have been sued and ordered to repay all their debts and were facing the seizure of their equipment acquired under ANSEJ program.
- Ennahar / Habiba Mahmoudi