Diversion of 200 billion abroad in junk import
Algiers-the investigation undertaken by the security services, following the entry in a dubious way of not less than 170 containers loaded with appliances, in the port of Annaba, during a period of almost four months
- the investigation undertaken by the security services, following the entry in a dubious way of not less than 170 containers loaded with appliances, in the port of Annaba, during a period of almost four months, revealed that the trade register in the name of a young man aged 27, was used as a cover for the illegal transfer of foreign currency abroad, from an account at a French bank in the province of Constantine.
- Ennahar has learned from informed sources that the security services have launched an investigation after receiving information about the arrival of 170 containers at the port of Annaba, loaded with air conditioners engines of a brand not existing in Algeria, and this, in a period of less than four months.
- The amount of imported goods and the owner of the commerce register, who is known in the world of import, raised doubts among the investigators who conducted a deep investigation in the matter, including that such equipments are not in demand by manufacturers of air conditioners in Algeria.
- The investigation revealed that the owner of the trade register has transferred nearly $ 30 million (about 200 billion centimes) from a branch of a French bank based in Constantine.
- This case comes after the setbacks suffered by the barons of smuggling of foreign currency from Algeria under the guise of investment or import / export, such as the Syrian network of operators who had fallen in the threads of the security services in Algiers, who tried to transfer $ 91 million overseas under the guise of import of sewing equipment for the project of a factory, before they were discovered and arrested.
- Ennahar / Imad T.