Israel fears Arab Spring
Israel is closely following the upheavals in the Arab world and is concerned about the victory of the Islamists in Tunisia, Morocco, Libya and especially in Egypt after the recent victory of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt’s elections
- Israeli leaders expressed concern and wish that Egypt does not become an Islamic state that they believe will endanger the entire region. In fact, the Israelis have always been afraid of Islam and this, for nearly fifteen centuries.
- The Islamists are already big winners according to the results of the first round of legislative in Egypt with 65% of the vote, led by the Muslim Brotherhood while the Salafis have achieved unexpected results.
- If Israel is concerned to see the Islamists win elections in Egypt, the Palestinian Islamist movement Hamas, was delighted and believes that success as more support to the Palestinians.
- The Israeli press did not hide its fears an official was quoted by Yediot Ahaonot who sees this as more than a danger, a real threat to Israel's security.
- Already isolated after the conflict with Turkey, Israel feels threatened everywhere, especially with the wave of success by the Islamists in the Arab world and tries to hang to save the peace agreement signed with Egypt, which serves much the interests of the Jewish state.
- Ennaharonline/ M. O.