Abu Obeida El Annabi: "We will fight NATO in Libya
The Salafist Group for Preaching and Combat (GSPC), which is now called Al Qaeda in Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), declared his allegiance to Aymen Zawahiri, who took control of Al Qaeda after the death of Osama Ben Laden. The latter said to be available to Al Qaeda.
- The announcement was made in a new audio recording of the terrorist organization dated June 20 last by a head of the organization, the terrorist Abu Obeida Youcef El Annabi, who is a member of the Shura Council and president of a Committee of the Salafist Group for Preaching and Combat, not by the Emir Droukdel, which raised doubts on the latter's absence on this occasion.
The audio recording of the terrorist organization also includes the reading of the Salafist Group for certain current events in the Arab countries, primarily focussing on the situation in Libya, when Abou Obeida said that the strong presence of the Algerian army on the borders with Libya, constitutes a barrier that prevents them from entering the country in the grip of a civil war.
- As for the military presence of Western countries, he expresses his doubts about NATO’s role which he thinks have other plans in the region. Abu Obeida appeals to Libyan to prepare for a likely confrontation with NATO forces.
- Moreover, Abu Obeida warns NATO forces on the consequences of a deadlock by competing with the Salafist group, which he believes will never accept Western or Jewish presence in Libya. "We are ready to stand up and fight you" until you leave our lands, he said.
- Abu Obeida call the Tunisians as well, to establish an Islamic state, warning that otherwise, the achievements of the revolution Tunisia will be incomplete.
- Morocco has also had its share of critics that the terrorist leader harshly criticized for giving the title of (Commander of the Faithful) to the king of Morocco.
- Ennahar / Ismail Fellah