Municipalities with strange and absurd names
Algiers- The names given some municipalities in the country lead our curiosity to want to know their meaning as they sound so bizarre and absurd, as Bermanti, Heliopolis or Chigara, sometimes strange and foreign to our culture.
- The names given some municipalities in the country lead our curiosity to want to know their meaning as they sound so bizarre and absurd, as Bermanti, Heliopolis or Chigara, sometimes strange and foreign to our culture.
- Some have strange names and others are named after colonialists, such “Ain El Berd”, known for its cold winter or Ras El Ma, also known as Bidou, Bermanti is named after a French colonialist who had lived there during the colonial period.
- the municipalities of Takhemart, Tousnina and Medirsa in the province of Tiaret. Frenda whose name, according to historians, comes from "Ifren Da," which in Arabic means "Hide here", and Chigara, which was named after a French settler.
- Sellawa Anoun and Heliopolis, Roman gods in Guelma
- The province of Guelma, with its 43 municipalities has also strange and foreign names as Sellawa Anouna, located west of the province. This is a Roman name, according to residents of the municipality, composed of the names of two Roman princesses, Sellawa and Anouna.
- El Besbes and Deraâne in the province of Tarf
- Deraâne, bore the name of a settler, Mandovi before becoming "Little Paris" because of to the likeness with Paris in France, and finally it was named Deraâne, name of a plant widespread in the region.
- In Oued Righ; there is a municipality called Merrara (in French: Appendicitis), and many other municipalities that have strange names that make us ask ourselves who has chosen them, how and why? In addition, is it not easy for officials to find correct names to these municipalities, which sometimes are a disgrace to their people?
- Ennahar / Ibrahim / correspondents