Netherlands: opening of a sex-shop online for Muslims
THE HAGUE - A virtual sex shop for Muslims, offering products that comply with sharia, Islamic law, has been launched in the Netherlands.
- "We have received about 70,000 visits in the first four days" following the launch of the website, called El Asheera, "society" in Arabic, told AFP Aouragh Abdelaziz, 29 years.
- This site is selling erotic products online, the first aimed at Muslims, says Aouragh, to help married couples to "improve their sexual health.
- Customers can select from catalogs available for men and women a dozen products: stimulants, lubricants, massage gels or pills presented as aphrodisiacs. But no vibrators, videos or pornographic magazines.
- The presentation is simple and products are guaranteed "Halal", without components banned by the Muslim rituals such as animal fat pork or alcohol.
- "Many Muslims have difficulty in obtaining certain types of products," says Aouragh, himself a Muslim employee in a company that specializes in assisting people with disabilities.
- "Since it does not sell sex toys or things like that but focuses on creams and oils that improve the lives of spouses, there is no problem," commented the imam Abdul Jabbar.
- "The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) has responded to many questions about sexuality," said Jabbar.
- Ennaharonline/ M. O.