Man kills his wife for giving birth to daughter in Afghanistan
An Afghan man killed his wife for giving birth to girl rather than boy he hoped for,police in Afghanistan's northern Kunduz province declared today.
- The victim,28 years old called Storai,was strangled by her husband,a member of local militia,and his mother on Saturday in revenge for bearing the couple's third daughter three months ago in Mohasili village,police said.
- Storai's husband was still at large probably protected by armed militia colleagues, on another hand policeman arrested the victim's mother-in-law in connection with her death
- Nadera Geya,head of the Kunduz women's affairs department considered the accident as the most terrible example of violence against women.
- Afghanistan is commonplace which concern Violence against women.In late November in the same province,an Afghan family that refused to give their daughter in marriage to a man they considered irresponsible was attacked at home by assailants who poured acid over both parents and three children.
- "The rights of women cannot be relegated to the margins of international affairs, as this issue is at the core of our national security and the security of people everywhere," the U.S. embassy in Kabul said in a statement today.