D1 Championship: season 2010-2011 with Sixteen teams
The national Division One football championship season 2010-2011, will consist of a group of sixteen clubs, depending on the organization of competitions approved by the Federal Bureau of Algerian Football Federation (FAF), said Sunday the ...the federal institution....
- While the Algerian championship second division, will consist of three groups (East, Centre, West) 14 clubs each. Under the new system of competition, four groups of 14 clubs will form the inter-regional championship from the season 2010-2011. The four groups are: The extreme West, extreme East, Centre-West and Centre-East.
In addition, the Regional League will consist of two divisions:
• Regional Division I: 1 group of 16 clubs
• Regional Division II: 2 groups of 16 clubs
League of Wilaya:
• Honour Division: group 1 with a minimum of 12 clubs
• Pre-honour Division: group 1 with a minimum of 8 clubs
Below this number, there will be no accession.
Finally, the Women's championship will consist of four regional groups (East, Centre, West, South). The management of this championship will depend on regional leagues to be named soon.
In addition, the Federal Bureau of FAF took at its meeting a decision on the youth championship, to establish that, from next season 2009-2010, a national championship for the category of U-20 division One and Two. These youth teams will compete a championship the same as for seniors and evolve at the opening of seniors matches.