Chadi Mohamed: Egypt is stronger - Belhadj is exceptional
"You have a young team. Professional players are your strong advantage...
- The former defender of the Egyptian team, Chadi Mohamed, in his first interview with an Algerian newspaper, tells about the chances of his team at the match which will oppose the selection of his country to Algeria. And despite his belief in the natural superiority of Egyptian, he said, he thought It was on the ground that things will be decided on the day of the match.
Chadi think that the great heat of the Algerian supporter will be good for the Egyptians. He denied any bad statement of the players of the Pharaohs on the Algerian public. No Egyptian player has ever qualified the Algerian supporters of terrorist. Chadi has also talked about his club Ahly, especially after they won the title.
- In the beginning, we would like to present our congratulations for this success.
Ibarek Allah Fik Fik (God bless you) it was a success that came after great efforts made during this season. I think we deserve even though this occurred at the last day.
- But according to the latest information received from Egypt, this season has not hidden the terrible regression of Ahly. What do you think?
Which regression are you talking about? Ahly is the only team that has achieved such a success in Egypt. Remember, the 5th consecutive titles that we won. Where is the regression then?
- But you had been eliminated early from the African Cup this time.
I think we're a team like all others and not a machine whose players do not know fatigue. You know, we have made tremendous efforts in recent years and this also season, fatigue had a negative impact on our journey in the African competition. Currently, we are in competition for the Confederation cup Inchallah (if God wills) and we will try to go as far as possible. This does not mean that our record is negative.
- According to reports, the coach Manuel Jose is preparing to leave the team, isn’t he?
That's what I learned. Jose Manuel will be remembered in the history of Ahly, for the five titles he has succeeded with this club and others on the continental level. He did an outstanding job as head of the club; I wish him much success and achievement.
- Now about the long-awaited meeting between the Egyptians and Algerians, what do you think of the match Algeria Egypt?
This is a match that will be very strong and decisive for both teams, especially for us who expect to return with a positive result after the bad start against the team of Zambia. This does not mean that the match will be easy against Algerians who also only think about victory. These factors mean that the meeting will undoubtedly be very strong and sensational.
- Sincerely, and as Egyptian player, for whom will the balance lean to you?
To be honest and objective, I do not lie to you as Algerian journalist if I tell you that our selection has no chance in this meeting. Logically, the Egyptian team is the strongest because it has won the last two cups in Africa, while your team was absent, which explains the reality of things. But the ground reality is something else.
- We understand then that Egypt comes to win in Algeria?
It's true, especially after the false start against Zambia which led us to revise our calculations. It is legitimate to believe in victory, same for the Algerians, but I would remind you that the last word will be said on the field.
- About the World cup in South Africa, which team do you believe most deserves to go?
As a former Egyptian player, logically I would say Egypt, in addition to this data we mentioned at the beginning, but the field will decide as was the case for the four selections at the beginning. Zambia for example has become a team for which calculations are done, whereas in the beginning everyone was focussing on Egypt and Algeria. But I think the advantage is for our selection of course (he smiles)
- As a player of the Egyptan team, you've already played against Algeria. What do you mostly fear in matches against Algeria?
We should not call it fear because it is only a football match between brothers. The best who wins we said to him bravo. What I would like to say is that all the matches against clubs from North Africa are played in a high voltage under a pressure that is exaggerated and false. I hope that this meeting will take place in an atmosphere of brotherhood and the best one wins.
- Egyptians have always complained about the Algerian supporters whom they qualified terrorist.
Me, personally I have never said that and I do not remember having heard an Egyptian player saying that. This may be done by the media seeking sensationalism. It is not normal for an Egyptian to say that to his Algerian brother, the contrary is also true. There is great respect between the Algerian and Egyptian players and also between the two fraternal peoples. We Egyptians have much respect for the Algerian people. I would like, if I please, make an appeal to the Algerian supporters ...
- Please do.
I hope the Algerian supporters will help to ensure that the meeting will be fraternal and there will be no overshoot.
- About the supporters, don’t you think that this will make a difference at this meeting?
It is true that the supporters play an important role, but I assure you that this does not disturb the Egyptian team, on the contrary, this will stimulate our team.
- Do you know any Algerian players?
Of course I know a lot of them, and I also know a lot about the Algerian selection, which will conduct a training program in France this month, I can not remember the date exactly.
- Which Algerian players do you know?
I know many players, as the rear left of the English club Portsmouth Nadir Belhadj, in addition to other players like Antar Yahia, Karim Ziani, Saïfi ...
Ennahar / Yacine A.