Ahmed Hassan : We will beat Algeria 5 to 0 in Cairo
Algiers- In this telephone interview, the captain of the Egyptian team, Ahmed Hassan has agreed to give his impressions on several points and answer our questions.
- We will beat Zambia what may be its players.
The greens were not even part of our calculations before qualifying
In this telephone interview, the captain of the Egyptian team, Ahmed Hassan has agreed to give his impressions on several points and answer our questions.
• In the beginning, Ramadan Mubarak Captain Ahmed. I am a journalist from the Algerian daily "Ennahar"
Ramadan Mubarak to you and to the entire Algerian people.
• Let's go directly into the heart of the subject. How would you rate the group especially after the recent results achieved by the Egyptian and Algerian selections?
I think the group's situation remained the same after the final results. Your selection is still heading the ranking and we are still behind after the final lap, suspense remains. From our side we will work to win the next two games before Zambia but also before Algeria in Cairo. We have to go to the World Cup 2010 inchallah.
• You seem very optimistic contrary to all other Egyptians who, according to surveys, are very pessimistic.
Let me ask the same question too. Does the Algerian public expect the results achieved to date? Of course not. Your goal was to achieve the qualification for the African Cup (CAN) after your failure to attend two events (Two World Cups). Elhamdou lillah (thanks God), there is a vast majority of Egyptian sure of our ability to reach the World Cup. As for pessimism, I ask them to continue in their pessimism. The most important is the field and not the polls.
• Recognize at least that the situation became more complicated for you than for the Algerians.
Our chances still remain opposed to Algerian. They will have two meetings in the program and the best is the one who wins. If things are difficult for us, they are the same for you. We have a clear objective, that of preparing well for the match against Zambia. Returning back with the points of the game is the only thing we think about now.
• In its latest statement, the French coach Herve Renard said he would rely on local players. This should rejoice you, isn’t it?
Renard is free to say whatever he wants. Whether he relies on local players or on professional or both, this is his problem. From our part, we prepare for this meeting and we will win inchallah. One thing is for sure, the game will not be easy against the Zambian team.
• Honestly, isn’t this optimism due to your position of captain of the Pharaohs team or is it because you think you may be able to reverse the situation?
Rather the belief that the ticket for the World Cup is still within our reach as Algeria. Due to my modest experience in the field, I can assure you that everything is possible.
• Do you think things will be settled in Cairo?
As I already said at the beginning, we concentrate on the next meeting against Zambia. As for the match against Algeria that day the answer will be on the field. I would add one thing ...
• Please do
I heard that some players (He insinuates Saïfi) had said after your victory against Zambia, their trip to Cairo would be for tourism. I wish to assure them that it will happen probably because we are a generous people, in addition you are a brother Arab country, but this will happen after the Algerian team receives five goals as it happened before in Cairo.
To be continued ...
Ennahar / Yacine A.