Saïfi: We shall qualify to the World cup facing Egypt
Algiers- In an interview with Ennahar Rafik Saïfi speaks of the National team, the World Cup, the match against Egypt and many other things. "I hope we will be qualified for the World Cup after facing Rwanda. I intend to end my career after the World Cup qualification. Abdoun and Yebda are a plus for the national team." Has he said.
- The striker of the « Greens » and also of the Qatari football club « Al-Khouri, » Rafik Saïfi stated his desire to end his career with the National team just after obtaining the qualification to the World cup. Saïfi want this to happen after the meeting against Rwanda, denying at the same time the last statement which were attributed to him saying that "the National team will make tourism in Egypt."
• How do you see the match against Rwanda?
Contrary to what many people think, it is a real test that we will have before Rwanda, which will play without any pressure and try to return back with a positive result so that they go to Angola in 2010.
• So you will take very seriously this match to avoid falling into the trap?
That’s true. All are aware of this and we will begin the game in force in the first minute to win the three points. We also hope to score as many goals as possible.
• Sincerity, is the result of the match Egypt - Zambia is impotant for you?
No, what is important for us is to focus on the match against Rwanda and the realize a victory, the rest does not matter to us. That Egypt wins or loses is of no importance for us although the result of this meeting will determine the qualification to the World cup.
• Your statements after the match against Zambia, that the national team will make a visit of tourism to the pyramids have a little irritated the Egyptians.
The reaction of the Egyptian does not interest me. Regarding these so-called statements attributed to me, I never said such things. I was surprised to hear. I am very sad because of the low level to which some media have arrived.
• In the case of our qualification to the World cup after the match against Rwanda, and of course, in case of a defeat of Egypt, will you stay in the national team?
I have already decided on this issue. I decided to end my career after qualifying to the World cup which I hope will be after the match against Rwanda. My decision is final and irreversible, and Inshallah, I will finish my career with the Greens in the after qualifying to the World cup after an absence of 23 years.
• A final word ...
I ask the Algerian to support us as they always do in such circumstances. We on our part, we promise to make victories and we qualify for the World cup after the match against Rwanda. I would also note that the arrival of Abdoune and Yebda is a plus for the national team, mainly Abdoun whom I know well.
Ennahar / Chafik K.