Yebda: I am ready for the match against Rwanda
Algiers- in an interview with the daily « Ennahar, » Hassan Yebda said he was ready for the match sheduled against Rwanda. "I was very glad for the warm welcome that I had at the airport," he said.
- • What did you feel when treading the soil of your country of origin for the first time for your first national team selection?
In all sincerity, I waited for this moment with impatience to carry the colors of the Algerian national team, my country of origin. I do not hide my great joy, and especially the welcome I received from the Algerian supporters at Houari Boumediene airport, not forgetting my family who is also came to welcome me and who is proud that I answered the call of the national team.
• When was your last visit to the country?
Before the month of Ramadan, and I had the opportunity to visit the family secretly to avoid the media.
• Before your arrival, rumors circulated about your coming a day before to visit your family before joining the National team.
Strange what I hear now, I am here standing before you and beside my family who came to greet me at the airport. Honestly, if only I had time to visit my family before joining the team because I miss them so much, unfortunately my commitments with the greens come first.
• You have told the media before your arrival in Algeria that you could not confirm your selection in the national team.
What statement are you talking about? I make no statement. Spare me please to answer this question, I prefer to concentrate on more important things.
• For example ...
How to integrate the group of course, before anything else and get acquainted with my new teammates that I have not met, then the big match against Rwanda on October 11.
• We understand from what you say that you were in contact with some current players of the national team before?
• For example?
I know Rafik Saïfi since we met when I played at Auxerre and more Zahir Djebour and my fellow Nadir Belhadj whose relations had been strengthened after I joined Portsmouth recently, not to mention my friend Mourad Moghni.
• Since Moghni is your friend, do you talk to him before joining the national team?
Moghni is a close friend and our relations are not only in football but more than that. We are like brothers and contacts are ongoing since childhood. The new FIFA regulations allow now to wear the colors of our country. This allowed me to stay in touch with him. He is luckier than me because he joined the group before me and therefore he has quickly integrated the group.
• Do you have an idea about the next opponent, Rwanda?
Apart from the first match in Kigali, I do not know the players of this selection, it does not matter because what counts is to achieve a positive result.
• You say a positive result .. are you optimistic while reaching with your friend Abdoun the national selection to realize the dream of millions of Algerians?
Inshallah, I hope this dream will come true on the field to give joy to the Algerian inside and outside the country.
• You have earned the trust of your new coach Paul Heart who showed admiration for you ...
It's nice to win the confidence of the coach. I hope to live up to his confidence. This stimulates me and pushes me to work harder in order to achieve the club’s objectives.
• A final word to your audience in Algeria who is waiting to see yoy impatiently in the stadium of Blida ..
I hope to be up to the expectations of the public and supporters of the national team. I hope also that I will be really this plus to the team.
Ennahar / interviewed by Chafik Khouas