Saâdane selected 24 players in anticipation of the match against Egypt
Algiers- Rabah Saadane, national coach, established yesterday, the list of players selected for the match against Egypt to be held in Cairo on 14 November, for the final day of combined qualifying of CAN and World Cup 2010 in South Africa.
- The boss of the Algerian selection has not changed the group that made the previous match. From 23 players, the list increased to 24 (Abdekader Laïfaoui-Ess Setif) with a player on stand-by (Mohamed Lamine Zemmamouche- MCAlger), who can join the group in case of a suspension of the incumbent goal keeper (Lounes Gaouaoui ) for yellow card during the match against Egypt, which would deprive him of the possible play-off on November 18 when, after the match of Cairo, the two selections would meet on perfect equality. Rabah Saadane has preferred to take the lead in anticipating events. Two other players in the national championship meet the same fate as Zemamouche. This concerns Malik Ziaya (Ess Setif) who would compensate a lack in the attack. The second player is a midfielder. So it's with no surprise that the boss of the Greens has renewed his confidence in the group that prepared and played the last official match against Rwanda.
- The convening of the defender of Sétif, Abdelkader Laïfaoui is related to uncertainties surrounding the recovery of Madjid Bouguerra in anticipation of the next match of the Greens.
The national coach has returned Sunday from abroad and met with his staff yesterday at the headquarters of the Federation to confirm the final list.The alarm caused by the series of injuries that hit on the players (Meghni, Bouguerra, Ziani, Mansouri, Bezzaz and Ousserir) seems to have been properly negotiated. Apart from Karim Ziani, all the others are on the correct way to recovery. The Wolfsburg player makes the most with the medical staff of his club to be at the rendezvous on November 14. For his part, Madjid Bouguerra, who had caused the excitement among the technical staff, after the announcement of his injury, recovered faster than expected. His participation in the important coming match seems almost gained.
- The internship prior to the match against the Pharaohs, scheduled in Italy, will allow the Greens to be mentally well prepared to tackle the last corner of the playoffs in the best possible conditions.
List of players selected:
Defenders: Abdelkader Laïfaoui (ES Setif), Babouche Reda (MC Alger), Samir Zaoui (ASO Chlef), Anther Yahia (Bochum), Madjid Bouguerra (Rangers), Rafik Halliche (Nacional Madeira), Nadir Belhadj (Portsmouth),
- Midfielders: Karim Ziani (Wolfsburg), Djamel Abdoun (FC Nantes), Yebda Hassan (Portsmouth), Yacine Bezzaz (RC Strasbourg), Mourad Meghni (Lazio Rome), Lemmouchia Khaled (ES Setif), Yazid Mansouri (FC Lorient),
- Strikers: Karim Matmour (Borussia M'gladbach), Abdelkader Ghezzal (Siena - Italy), Ghilas Kamel Fethi (Hull City), Saïfi Rafik (Al Khor, Qatar), Rafik Djebbour (AEK Athens), Amer Bouazza (Blackpool),
Mohamed Lamine Zemamouche, goal keeper of (MC Algiers)