World Cup2010 final draw: Algeria in Pot 3
CAPE TOWN (South Africa)- Algeria has been placed in Pot 3 for the final draw of the 2010 FIFA World Cup, which will be held on Friday in Cape Town, said on Wednesday the Organizing Committee chaired by Cameroon's Issa Hayatou.
- In addition to Algeria, back to the World Cup after a 24 years absence, Pot 3 also includes teams from Africa (Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana and Nigeria), and South America (Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay).
- FIFA has waited until Wednesday to approve the procedure for the final draw with four pots of eight teams to be drawn in eight groups of four on Friday. The seeding was based on the October 2009 FIFA World Ranking, when Algeria was ranked 29th.
- As such, Brazil, Spain, the Netherlands, Italy, Germany, Argentina, England and host country South Africa are the seeded teams.
- Pot 1.Head of series: Brazil, Spain, Italy, Germany, Argentina, England, Holland, South Africa (Organising country).
- Pot 2: Australia, Japan, South Korea, North Korea, Honduras, Mexico, United states, New-Zeland.
- Pot 3: Algeria, Cameroon, Côte-d'Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay.
- Pot 4: Danemark, France, Greece, Portugal, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland.