Raouraoua "Lacen is officially with us. We apologize for Djebour"
The President of the Algerian Football Federation (FAF) Mohammed Raouraoua, was interviewed yesterday, from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) on national radio, discussed several topics relating to the national team, stating that the national coach Rabah Saadane is the sole master of any decision and that nobody has the right to interfere with his prerogatives.
- Raouraoua also indicated that it was the national coach who insisted on convening Mehdi Lacen and denied the statements of Antar Yahia who refuses, indirectly, to call Lacen. He also opened fire against clubs sponsored by Djezzy who had threatened to withdraw from the competition of Algeria cup.
The President of the FAF, who is in Abu Dhabi to attend the clubs World Championship and also the extraordinary congress for the development of football in Arab countries, said he was unaware of the initiative of the Arab Emirates about reconciliation between Algeria and Egypt.
Regarding the national team, Raouraoua announced that it will be reinforced by the midfield of the Spanish Santander, Mehdi Lacen. “Lacen will officially join the national team and will take part in the next Internship Preparation and will participate in the CAN.” declared Raouraoua. He added: “I spoke with him personally and he has not refused to join the national team, but there were administrative problems that we have set. We have provided him an Algerian passport and now he is officially with us.”
About the refusal of some players to convene Lacen, Raouraoua answered: "The doors of the national team are open to any player that can add value. The convening of new players within the National team is a prerogative of the coach Saadane and nobody has the right to intervene, neither the players nor the federation. Saadane knows Lacen very well and he insisted that this player is summoned. He knows very well that this player can make a difference to the national team."
• "The players are not against the coming of Lacen"
• "Saadane does not convene players without clubs, we apologize for Djebour"
• "Ziaya is on the list, Chadli and Benyamina will not be called"
• "We have sent invitations to the pros and the FIFA law is on our side."
• “We will not play any friendly match before the CAN. Italy wants to meet us in a friendly match.”
• “Djezzy creates false problems because they are no sponsor for the National Team.”
Ennahar / Samira L.