Battle for tickets at Annaba Stadium
About 49 people were injured in violence that erupted at the sports complex of Annaba because of poor organization, insufficient number of tickets sold and also because of the lack of ticket offices
- Civil defense has recorded at around 8:30, not less than 49 injured among them three policemen. One seriously injured was evacuated to emergencies of Ibn Roch Hospital.
- The vicinity of the 19 MAY stadium has become a real arena of struggle between supporters of the “Greens” who came from around the country for the decisive match between the “Desert Warriors” and the “Atlas Lions”. Many spent the night waiting to be able to get their ticket.
- The lack of ticket windows and the insufficient number of tickets sold have complicated the situation causing a battle between fans where knives were used.
- Stadium officials have suspended the sale of tickets and civil defense took charge of evacuating the wounded to Ibn Rushd Hospital. Overwhelmed by the number of casualties, civil defense has put up tents due to receive the wounded and provide first aid needed.
- Scenes that shame and predict worse as we approach the big day, especially when one considers that half a million fans turned out in Annaba to attend the game between Algeria and Morocco scheduled on March 27.
- On the black market, the ticket is sold at 3000 AD
- Ennahar / Cherif Temam / Fares Mesbah